Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One Year Ago Today - Part 8

"Dearest M....
Throughout the process of our adoption, I have read lots of things about children having difficulty when waking up. Some stories shared about children waking up and just screaming out of fear and grief. So this morning as I laid in bed watching you, with the sun slipping through the windows and filling the room, I held my breath as I awaited to see how you would wake. When you finally opened your eyes, you looked right at me and smiled a smile so big. After laying there a little while longer you scooted over to me and gave me a kiss. It might my heart swell and brought tears to my eyes.

We spent the morning playing - you are such an observer. You love to look out the window and watch all of the cars and people passing by. Just like the first time I saw you... You also love to hide behind the window sheer and play peek - a - boo. You get so excited to come running out to Abat or I. Usually you are laughing so hard that it makes us laugh too.

We tried to put you down for a nap since we have the Embassy appointment today. You cuddled right up to me and wouldn't let me put you down. Once you finally fell asleep I laid you on the bed and you tucked your arms up underneath your chest and popped yourself up on your knees. So cute!

We waited over two hours for a 10 minute meeting that will allow for you to come home with us. I would have waited twelve hours if needed. I am so happy to bring you home.
Photobucket

Everyday I feel like you grow more and more comfortable with us and your smile comes more easily. I have enjoyed these moments of getting to know you better. I love you little M."

No comments: