Thursday, September 16, 2010

One Year Ago Today - Part 2

"Dearest M.....
The day we have been anxiously awaiting has arrived. As I write I am sitting in the Washington D.C. airport. We have tried to occupy our minds with several walks around the airport, finding a meal, and calling our families one last time before leaving the country to say goodbye. They are all excited to meet you and love on you in person. I just can't believe the time is here. I have been sitting here staring at the gate and plane for a long time dreaming about the coming days. Oh, I can't wait to hold you!
Our departure day began with our wonderful friend Chelsea making us a breakfast of scrambled eggs, sweet potato fries and Ethiopian coffee. We talked of all that will change and remain once you become a physical part of our lives. Chelsea also prayed sweet prayers over us before leaving us at the Denver airport. We have been so blessed with so many wonderful friends and family members. It brings us encouragement and peace knowing that we are blanketed in prayer and covered by the blessing and protection of God.
We checked our luggage - 4 suitcases and 3 carry-ons - and before going through security we stopped to write a quick letter to your Uncle Ben. I wish that there was some way to communication all that we are experiencing with him on a more regular basis, but until circumstances change, letter writing will have to do. I long for the day when you can spend time with him and he can love on you the ways an uncle should - teaching you all the things that an uncle should teach.
Once we boarded the plane in Denver we took the time to open a gift given to us. Micah and I both had letters written for us individually and sealed in an envelope from some wonderful friends. This lovely couple has been praying for you and our family and took the time to write us a letter encouraging us in our new roles as mother and father. The letters were beautiful and provided truth for us to dwell on. I know without a doubt that I will be coming back to this letter in the days, months and years ahead.
Your Abat and I are so very excited M..... I wish that I had more eloquent words to use to describe all that we are feeling. It is so hard not to tell everyone that the reason we are traveling is to go and meet our beautiful son for the first time. This excitement is overwhelming and we feel as if we were two little kids awaiting Christmas morning. We love you so and soon, so very soon we will be there!"

No comments: