Friday, September 17, 2010

One Year Ago Today - Part 3

"Dearest M....
I am not sure when it became the 17th, but we are currently in transit to Ethiopia! The plane is packed with many families and children - each child makes me think of you. As we near Ethiopia we grow more and more excited and anxious. The butterflies are growing stronger by the moment and I wish I could find more appropriate words to describe the feelings I am experiencing. It is so surreal......

We have arrived in Ethiopia! Late, but we arrived. We navigated our way through obtaining a visa, exchanging money and claiming our luggage. There was a sea of people that we had to push through to find the driver from Holt. You could tell that he was tired and it had been a long day for him....I felt bad to have kept him waiting for so long. Because it was dark it was hard to see too much on the way to the hotel so we will wait until tomorrow to discover this city. As we pulled up to the hotel and they were honking to be let in the gate I looked to my right only to discover that the care center is right next door to the hotel! I can't believe we are so close to you. It will be hard to wait, but tonight we will sleep closer to you than we ever have before. You are so close to us, so close, and we can't wait to hold you! Sweet dreams baby boy."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In the past, w/ other blogger friends, I've said - I just wish their was a way to "like" your post - so you knew I read it and appreciated it, but have not witty or kind comment. That you worded things perfectly and it made me happy.
So
*like*