Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Oh My Goodness!!!

Today after the little man had finished up soccer practice, we were riding our bikes home and my phone rang. I waited until we were home to pull the phone out of my bag and listened to the message from our agency. They were asking that we call them back because they had some news about our birth parent case. I will admit that my heart tightened up a bit as I hoped for the best and prepared for the worst. There are so many unpredictable situations in adoption and I had to remind myself that ultimately God is still in control.

Upon calling our agency I found out that not only did our birth parent case clear the courts, but that the Ethiopia staff had also been able to schedule our court case for the afternoon of August 14th - the very last day courts were open until October.

Needless to say, I was shocked and immediately overwhelmed. We said goodbye to Micah on the 1st of August as he headed into the mountains for a week long climbing trip. I still had a few days for him to come home. So here I am trying to take it minute by minute and remember to breath.

I can't believe this is happening!!!!

No comments: