Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Babes and Court

Five hours. Five hours is all that I have spent with my youngest babes and already they are anchored so deeply within my heart. It was music to my ears to hear their squeals when we returned today and be smothered with their hugs. My arms have longed to hold them for so long.

Five hours. Five hours passes all too quickly and certainly never felt long enough. When the time came to say goodbye, my heart grew heavy and definitely felt torn. How could I leave these two babes and return to my first babe? How could I be away from my first babe any longer? That moment of attempting to say goodbye was the absolute hardest thing I have ever done. My mind (and heart) will forever hold the memory and pain of having to walk away from my children and leave them crying, knowing that that I have no idea when I will be returning to hold them again.

Five hours is all it took for my heart to be captured and broken.

A nice distraction from those five hours was our court appointment, which lasted less than an hour and upon completion ended with,
"Congratulations, the children are legally yours according to Ethiopia."

I am praying that those five hours will carrying us all through until we are reunited again.

No comments: