Friday, October 24, 2008

Announcing the News, Part III

We were so excited to finally tell my parents about the adoption that we couldn't wait to tell them in person! I pondered over and over what I could send them, and how it could be a creative meaningful gift. I had several ideas but when it came down to time and money I chose to do the following:
We picked out some cute photo books from the store, as well as a bib for both my mom and dad.  Micah and I, with the help of our friend Laura, took some photos to place in the photo book and I also included a letter to each of them explaining our decision. 
When I went to the Post Office on Tuesday to mail the packages, I could barely contain myself! I was jittery and probably smiling like a clown. I almost shouted out with excitement that these packages would inform our family about the baby we want to adopt, but I contained myself!
All week we anticipated when we would hear from my family.  Every time my phone rang, my stomach jumped a little bit. Finally on Friday while I was finishing up my lunch I received a phone call from my mom and later that night I received the phone call from my dad.  It was so great to hear from both of them and to share the news with them.  We shared with them where we are at in the process and answered many questions! I can't wait to visit with my brother next weekend and see how he feels about it! Also, my mom and her friend sent flowers celebrating the occasion.  It was really sweet of her. Yippee for the joy that babies bring!

1 comment:

Eva said...

I'm glad that worked out so well.

So...now I am up to date. I have read all of your posts. I'm happy for you guys!