Thursday, September 11, 2008

Moving Through It

Some of the paperwork that will be sent to both agencies-maybe we should consider planting a tree after this process is over!

We are in the process of finishing up everything needed to turn in our applications to both Wyoming Children's Society and Holt.  It at times feels like such a daunting task and I can get overwhelmed.  

I get overwhelmed thinking about the amount of time and energy needed to complete each item.
I get overwhelmed when I think about each day that passes by when it isn't finished and how this might prolong our adoption journey. 
I get overwhelmed when I think of having to be so vulnerable and hope that people deem us as worthy parents.  

My mind beings to race with thoughts of "what if....." and my heart begins to race with fear that something won't work out, and that we will be left empty handed. 

But I have to trust, as hard as that can be at times. I have to take a deep breath and remember that we are doing this because we feel without a doubt that this is where we should be right now in our life.  Despite how overwhelming it can be, we will move through this, and it will all be worth it. 

No comments: