Sunday, September 18, 2011

Two Years Ago Today

Two years ago today we met M. for the first time.
(September 18, 2011 - Two years after first meeting M.)
We spent some time remembering those special moments today.
As we reread our journal entries from that day (feel free to read our entries from last year as we spend this week remembering our time in Ethiopia), our hearts are filled with emotions and gratitude for the past two years. It hasn't always been easy and we haven't always had all the answers, but those first moments of seeing M. are still so clear in our minds and we are so thankful that he is our son.
There are many moments over the past two years where I felt that I have no patience left in me, no tolerance left for the energy and friendliness, no freaking idea how I am suppose to raise this beautiful boy in a way that won't destroy him and mess him up....
But, somehow in those moments, I gain glimpses of the beauty of having this little boy as my son. I gain glimpses of the many, many lessons that are being thrown at me to learn through his heart. When he cuddles up next to me, calls me his princess, and creates rules that involve hugs my heart swells knowing that he is absolutely perfect for me - even in the most challenging moments.

No comments: